I don’t want to think of myself as a negative person, but sometimes, I get so caught up in everything that is or could be bad in my life, that I miss my opportunity to be grateful for the wonderful things that are happening in my life. I’ve never done the 30 days of thankful in November – mostly because I don’t like posting on social media that much – so I’m going to take that time now to talk about 15 things I’m thankful for. I can get very wordy, so that’s why I decided to do half.
- I’m thankful that I have a wonderful husband who loves me and takes care of me. He is truly the biggest blessing in my life. He has help me overcome so much in my life already, and I’m excited to see where our life adventure takes us.
- I’m thankful that I have a great job that allows me to work with wonderful, encouraging, God fearing people who truly care about one another. Even though I’m not sure if this is what I’m supposed to do forever, it’s a great place for me right now and I’m thankful that I was given this job shortly after I graduated college.
- I’m thankful for my family. Even though they can definitely drive me crazy (doesn’t everyone’s?) they are so loving and supportive of me that I don’t give them the credit they deserve. Now that I’m an adult and learning the balance of bills, family life, and work, I have so much more respect for everything they’ve gone through. I’m grateful for everything they’ve done for me and continue to do for me as an adult.
- I’m thankful for my country and the freedoms I have while living in America. We are in the middle of an election year, so with that comes it’s own issues, but I’m truly thankful that we have the ability to vote for our leaders and truly make a change in our country.
- I’m thankful for my God. I am blessed to be created and loved by the creator of all things. It’s so humbling to know that even when I’m at rock bottom, my God is still on top and is constantly pulling me towards him.
- I’m thankful for my passions. I have so many different passions in different areas, and I’m thankful that a part of me can find the beauty and importance in small things.
- I’m thankful for my coworker. I’m sure she gets tired of my stories and complaining, but she is truly a special person in my life. I don’t get the luxury of living near my own sister, and although I’ve never told my coworker this, I look at her as a wiser older sister. She is kind, compassionate, and understanding. She is a great person and I’m so thankful that I get to work with her each day.
- I’m thankful that I have my bills paid. Enough said.
- I’m thankful for my health.
- I am thankful for my education. I’m so lucky that I was able to go to school and get my BA in psychology. In so many countries, women don’t have the freedom to get an education, but I’m so blessed that I can and I did.
- I’m thankful for my senses. This one may sound weird, but I’m so thankful that I can look outside and see the beauty that surrounds me. I love that I can feel my husbands kisses or hugs. I’m thankful that I can hear the hustle and bustle of the office, or the music that comes from my coworker’s computer. And, who can’t be thankful for the ability to taste and smell the sweet scent of bacon in the morning?
- I’m thankful for technology. I have the ability to talk, text, and see my friends and family who live thousands of miles away. It’s a blessing to be able to keep up with them and their lives on such an immediate basis. Ain’t nobody got time for snail mail.
- I’m thankful for my apartment and that I live in safe neighborhood.
- I’m thankful for St. Louis and all the adventures that await me this summer!
- I’m thankful for my cat. She’s cute and I love her.
In a word filled with so much negativity, we should all start focusing more on the positive things in our life. Don’t let your gratitude be confined to the month of November.